Friday, December 20, 2013

Spark By Anthea Sharp

Spark (Feyguard, #1)Spark by Anthea Sharp
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been on my 2013 book list and finally it came out!!! Anthea Sharp again takes us into the Fey world, but this time we get to see a whole new side of things.

After the events in Feyland: The Twilight Kingdom, Spark heads back into her normal life of tours and signing first stop SimCon but when she meets Aran, she's hoping for more then just another fan.

Aran a wise hacker of the world has come to SimCon trying to get his hands on some play time in Feyland. When he happens to meet Spark and gets a personal invite to try the game, he thinks he has it made. What he doesn't know may just set the stage from trouble.

This being the first book after the Feyland series I fall in love with Spark. It was nice to get to see her on a more personal level and to move away from Jennet and Tam's story.

So what did I think about this one.... I'll get back to you after I'm done reading it again! Just kidding! The plot was new and for someone that works for Cons it was nice to see the underdogs that run things behind the screens get some page time. I also know how it feels to be running from one place to another at a Con or show and Sharp has got it down to the last T.

For characters Spark and Aran where great, they felt well rounded and realistic. But I still question about what Aran role will be in the Feyguard now that he know what lays behind the codes. Also I will say I would love to see more of Niteesh, the cutie little guy need his story told ^_^

Overall amazing book, colorful with its ideas and storytelling. I can't wait to see who story gets told next!!!