Friday, September 20, 2013

The Darkest Night By Gena Showalter

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book one for the Lords for the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. I picked up book two when I was looking at a second hand book store, when I realized it was the second one I started by search for the first book and whatever came after it at the time.

I have not gotten into a series so fast as this one. It helped that I was late to the party and could get 6-8 books right away.

Ashlyn Darrow is not your normal girl. She can hear voices. No not the ones from someones mind but from the past. She can stand in one place and hear every conversation that has ever happened there. Till she meets Maddox. Just him being around stops the voices, but why would they stop for him?

Maddox holds demon lord Violence within him. Like his follow warriors they all hold something dark within them for their punishment, but Maddox most of all. Will Ashlyn be able to set Maddox free, or will Maddox fear hold them both back.

This is a new twist to Pandora's box legend and I fall in love with it right off the bat. As a kid I was really into myths and legend.

Over all, the characters were well written, the plot seems like it will go on and on to make a great series over all.