Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So I knew the movie was coming out for this one and really wanted to read the book before seeing the movie and boy was I happy I did. The movie was good mind you but it didn't really hit all the main problems the main characters comes across. This isn't a movie review so on to the book.

Meet Katniss, a 16 girl who is down on her luck, is poor but still has one friend to watch her back and a family to care for. That is till her little sister is picked for the hunger games and she takes her place. Two people are pick from each area and then are force to face off one another. It is a mean game of kill or be killed. The winners gets fame, money, and food. The catch is there can only be one winner.

The characters are well rounded, the history itself is something I would like to know more of. (Yes I know its only book one). All in all a good read, I will be reading the other two books.

This book did remind me of Battle Royal in the way the people are picked and forced to face off. Even some of the tech that was same. I can't wait to see how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment